Monday, October 12, 2009

Final Thoughts

Well, for the most part all the training is in the books, now I just have to wait until Sunday. I started out training for this marathon with a fury, sure I was going to run somewhere around 3:00. Two weeks of hard training and I was sidelined with an injury. Determined not to make that mistake again I got back in very slowing after losing almost 1/2 of my training time. I put together a light training plan and stuck pretty close to it. The good news is I stayed healthy, the bad news is I am shooting for 3:40 instead of 3:00, big difference. However, I think I probably only averaged about 30 miles a week for the last 12 weeks so my mileage just was not where it would need to be to run faster. Throughout this process I worked up a plan for a new adventure. I am starting a new blog with a new purpose. I am really excited about the launch of this new site and hope to do a lot with it. The readers of this blog will be getting a sneak peak at the new site in about 2 weeks. I am hoping that if you like what you see you might be inclined to write about it on your blog. Well, there will be more on that later. I am going to enjoy this week taking it easy and hope to have a great marathon. For the rest of you racing this weekend I wish you the best as well.

4 comments:

Ms. V. said...

well?

AZ said...

I was just wondering how your training for this marathon compares with your training for the last one. Seems like you've been running pretty well lately. Hope all goes well.

Lindsay said...

curious to the same comparison that az mentions. i semi-remember your last?

it's funny how we dive in head-first and often encounter a few too many barriers. things don't always go according to plan, but you have put in consistent training and hopefully it will pay off for you.

don't jump out the gate too fast and enjoy the race!

Josh said...

looking forward to hearing about the race. just relax and I bet you'll surprise yourself!
all this suspense about the new blog is killing me! Now we have to wait 2 more weeks?!