Thursday, July 1, 2010

6 weeks in

I am six weeks into my marathon training and I have been following it very closely. My last 4 or 5 runs have gone very well and I am really starting to feel like I am back. Last week I ran 6, 800 meter splits at an average time of about 3:28 and they felt really good. This week I ran a tempo run on Monday that was only 3.25 miles but my pace was 7:35. Last night I did another temp run that was just over 6 miles and the pace was 7:53. This week my mileage will be up around 18 which is starting to feel like I am actually accomplishing something. I can't wait to get back up over 30 miles a week but I need to make sure I don't push my luck. I have not signed up for the Columbus Marathon but I plan to do so in the next week or two.

3 comments:

carl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

sticking with it is important, as you know! and you are getting in quality workouts vs logging junk miles. hope things continue to go well.

AZ said...

Your training sounds like it is coming around. Keep it up.