Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wake up

I have gotten into the habit of exercising at night after the kids go to bed, which works out fine now, especially since my running and lifting only take 30-45 minutes. My running will soon take longer then that and I don’t have time to cycle in the evening so I need to make the switch back to the morning. The other reason I need to make the shift is that baby number 3 is only about 6 weeks away and our evenings will probably be much more hectic.

Getting up is a huge obstacle for me and it seems like every time I finally master it and manage to get up every morning when the alarm goes off I end up injured. Hopefully the variety of my workouts will help this time. This morning I got up after one snooze of the alarm and put in the 4 miles on my training schedule. Tomorrow morning I plan to ride my bike to work so I have to get up about an hour earlier then normal to pull that off.

2 comments:

AZ said...

Mornings are rough aren't they? I used to be able to do them pretty easily...now, not so much.

Glad to be able to read about how things are going for you. Keep it up.

carl said...

i know this isn't true for everyone, but one thing that helps me is getting up at the SAME TIME every single day, sunday through saturday. then my body gets used to the early wakeup call.