Thursday, June 10, 2010

Back??

Well, it has certainly been a very long time since I have written a post. My endurance endeavors have been plagued with setbacks, failures, and disappointment. Something I know a lot of you can relate to. The crazy thing is, I keep coming back for more. I can't allow a 4:13 marathon to be my best time ever, but more then that I just can't stay off the road. Running truly is a part of who I am and when I can't run it is just not the same.

This last injury has been demoralizing. It completed deflated my efforts and passion to accomplish something big. Every time I got back out on the road thinking surly I was going to be healthy my knee would start to hurt again. I went weeks without running at all, only to start back slowly and experience pain again. It seem as though I may finally have that behind me, and I hope to get back to Columbus for the marathon again this year. I am building the miles very slowly and am trying to contain my desire to run everyday by lifting weights and riding my bike. I have been following a set plan for 4 weeks now and it is going well. Compared to the miles I was running it is pretty sad but I have been putting in a lot of miles on the bike.

My plan is to keep updating this, and as long as things keep going smoothly I would imagine I will be happy to share. It is when things are not going well that I pull back and keep it to myself.

3 comments:

carl said...

thanks for the update. my friend here who has done a couple ironmans among other endurance events recently got a pro to coach him. and the main thing he's learned is that he has a tendency to overtrain, and that is what hurts him at race time.

what is your goal time for columbus?

i'm training for richmond in november.

Jason said...

I don't know what my Goal is for Columbus yet. I plan to keep it pretty easy to obtain as not to injure myself so probably somewhere between 3:40-4:00. Glad to hear you are training for another one.

Lindsay said...

welcome back :) i am glad i never cleaned up my google reader! lol.

hang in there and definitely take it slow. injuries just plain suck, but they can be overcome! any strength exercises or stretches you could do for the knee?