Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy but doing great

I have been really busy and have really neglected my blog. Fortunately I have not neglected my running. Last week got off to a rough start but I ended up running 51.6 miles, and had 5 strait days of really good running. Two of the runs were particular highlights for me. Thursday I ran 6 mile splits averaging 6:43 with 2 minutes of rest between each mile. 6 is the most mile splits I have ever done. Saturday I ran 20 miles making that the longest run of my life. It felt really good and was a lot of fun. I actually looked at my watch 27 minutes into the run and thought it was going to be really tough to make it for 15 miles, fortunately it got easier and I made it for 20.

Today I ran 10 hard miles at a pace of 7:30. Things are going really well right now and I am hoping to keep it up. I also hope to be back on the blog again soon.

Oh and it was 43 degrees this morning...I am loving this warm weather.

Today's Run:
10 Miles
1:14:53
Pace 7:30

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing just AWESOME!

Glenn Jones said...

Only word I have for last week's worjouts - WOW! My jaw is on the ground....

Lindsay said...

nice runs lately! glad they seem to be going well and i feel you on a busy-life. better than being idle i suppose.

congrats on the 20 mile record! :)