Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I am still here

Well, last week was a tough one. I was dealing with some achilles pain and that led to low motivation. I only ran about 25 miles. This week is off to a much better start. My pain level is way down and I feel like I continue to dodge potential injuries. I must say that I am really tired of running in the cold however. Today it was 11 with a wind chill of -2. It is March and that is just way to cold. I think I would be running much faster if I could actually breath.

I do have one thing I need to get off my chest. As I was struggling to stay motivated I realized that part of the reason was a fear that I was not going to make my goal of sub 3:10. It just does not seem to be coming together fast enough for that. I have lowered my expectations drastically and will shoot for 3:30. It is my first marathon. For this one I just need to finish and have fun. I am already thinking about my second one and perhaps that one can be sub 3:10.

Today's run:
8.3 miles
1:05:08

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

hey things could change in the next 2 months! i do agree though that you should take it all in stride and enjoy your first marathon. who knows, you might be feeling good a few miles into the race and get closer to your 3:10 than you think! a 3:30-ish would be awesome in my book. the motivation comes and goes, just stick with your training and you might surprise yourself on race day.

Ms. V. said...

Which race?