Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WHAT!!!!!!!

So I set out for another mile repeat workout this morning. I had decided to take it slow but decrease the recovery time from 2 min to 1.5 min, to more closely immolate race conditions.. I had also decided to only run 5 of them and was going for a pace of about 7 flat.

The first half of each mile was in the wind so the second half felt amazing. After the first mile I looked down and my watch read 6:47. It felt really good so I decided to shoot for that pace. The next mile was 6:46. I was starting to loosen up and I was feeling good. The next mile was 6:29. Mile number 4 was 6:29 as well. With one mile to go I decided 5 was not enough. Since it was my seventh straight day of running I decided to celebrate with 7 mile repeats. Mile number 5 was 6:27, number 6 was 6:23, and number 7 was 6:03.

WHAT!! Where did that come from. This not taking a day off is going really well right now. My average pace was 6:29 and it felt really good. Needless to say I have completely gotten my motivation back. The hard part is going to be running easy tomorrow morning. I know I have a sub 3 hour marathon in me, its just a matter of time before it comes out.

Today's Run:
Mile Repeats with 1.5 min recovery
6:47
6:46
6:29
6:29
6:27
6:23
6:03

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow great work. sub 3 is definitely YOURS

Lindsay said...

serious speed my friend! especially considering it was rep #7!! and on a 7 day streak no less. glad it helped bring your motivation back. take it easy on the legs today and let them have whatever pace they want. :) i hope to one day get a sub-3 too but i'm not quite working on it right now.

Ms. V. said...

You are VERY VERY fast.

Ian said...

I think you are going to do really well in your first marathon.