Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day Number Twelve

Today was my 12th straight day of running. My legs felt pretty sluggish yesterday and today. I did some really serious hills yesterday and ran about 12.5 miles. Today I went out to run a really easy 5 to 8 miles, whatever felt good. Well, unfortunately nothing felt good. I felt slow the moment I left and it was hard the entire time. I told myself just to run really slow and try to enjoy it. Which is just what I thought I was doing.

At 53:35 I called it quits. I came inside and mapped the run. To my surprise it was 7.13 miles making it an average pace of 7:30. Well so much for taking it easy.

Tomorrow will be easy because it will be a forced day off. My wife is going out of town tonight in order to go to her uncles funeral. I am staying home with our daughter. Tomorrow morning Avery and I will be getting up early so I can drop her off at my sister's house while I go to work. Then I will pick her up after work and come home. The only way I could run would be to run tomorrow night and I don't run at night. I think it is probably time for a day off so I am just planning to enjoy it.

Today's Run:
7.13 Miles
53:35
Pace 7:30

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

no wonder it felt hard! 7:30 is not exactly a snail's pace.

hope your legs enjoy the day off. probably also good so you don't get caught up in your streak and run yourself into an injury.

Glenn Jones said...

Sounds like a day (or two) off will go a long way to rest some weary legs.