Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fear

A good dose of fear struck me this morning. I set out for an easy 10 miles. Leaving the house just before 6am it was dark, about 42 degrees, very damp, and winds at about 10 mph. My goal was to just keep it easy, running whatever felt comfortable. Pain radiated from my side before the first 1/2 mile was finished. This continued until the 8 mile mark where I conceded and began to walk. I ended up running at about an 8 min pace, which should be really comfortable for me but it just wasn't. I have days where I am really on and days when I am really off. The fear struck when I thought about the possibility of having one of those off days May 3rd. I will do my best to be rested and the rest...well I guess we will see.

Today's Run
8 Miles
1:04:00
8 Min Pace

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i don't think i've ever had an 'off' day on a race day. the race environment and true feeling of competition is a huge help, and i'm sure it could carry you through an 'off' day too. just stay confident in yourself and all your training!