Thursday, April 30, 2009

57.5 hours to go!!!!!!!

It is almost here. I have to admit that I am feeling very scared and very unsure of myself. I have recently developed a horrible side stitch that has affected me on my last 4 runs. All of which would have led you to believe that I am not ready. Tomorrow morning is my last run before the big day. I am only running between 2-4 miles and I am hopping that it is really easy. I need something to bring my confidence level back up. I spent some time reflecting on my training log to help ease my mind and did notice that I have had several times when I was running really poorly and then out of nowhere I had a great run. I am really hopping that out of nowhere that great run is the marathon. I know this is only my first and I just want to enjoy the experience and learn as much from it as I can. I am still really hung up on finishing in less then 3:30:00, but want to start out really slow and build. I would rather run the entire way and finish in 3:39:00, then to start out strong, die and finish is 4 hours. I think for my mental state it is imperative that I start out at a pace that is so easy that is does not cause me any pain. If I can feel could through the first 8 miles then I think I will be ready to go mentally. Miles 5 through 8 take you up a pretty decent climb. This may be my last post before the big day but I will definitely be recapping marathon.

4 comments:

Josh said...

You'll do great! You've put in the time and it's not surprising you're feeling some nerves right now. Just remember all the miles you've logged and go out there and have fun! Looking forward to reading the report.

Ms. V. said...

Can't wait to read the race report!!!

Ms. V. said...

I'm trying to shout out to you on Twitter and all the bloggers running this weekend, but I have no idea which marathon you're running!

Lindsay said...

good luck! you will do great, you've trained hard. don't overdo it in the first few miles - pace yourself! can't wait to hear all about it. have fun!