Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Active Recovery Run

Today was another active recovery run. It is amazing how much more fresh you can feel the next day after a truly easy run. I ran just over 6 miles at about a 8:30 pace. With just over 8 weeks to go until the marathon I am far from where I would like to be but am trying not to think about that too much. I am definitely not running pain free but it is not bad enough to hold me back either. I am trying to run smart and am hoping to peak at just the right time. I am still very confident that I will smash my last marathon time and that is what I really want to do. Something I am definitely realizing with distance running is that the longer you do it the easier it gets. It is amazing how easy it is for me to just go out and run 6 to 10 miles now, even if I have not been logging a lot of miles each week. I think I have several more years of continuing to get better and I am trying to focus on that.

3 comments:

AZ said...

What kind of pain are you running with? You will definitely beat your last time, 8 weeks is plenty.

Glenn Jones said...

I hear ya! It seems so strange to me to tell myself that 10 miles is a short run. A year ago, I was proud to run 6. These days, I don't think I'd even lace up the shoes for less than that.

AZ said...

Is it your achilles that is bothering you or your heel? Swimming seems to help the aches in my legs a lot for whatever reason. Different motion and support from the water I suppose.