Monday, August 31, 2009

Solid 5 Miles

The humidity was down to 90% and the temp was way down to 49 this morning. I set out to run 5 miles easy. Well, as I typically do I started to speed up, it was feeling way too good this morning. I just love running in the cool air, I had my tights on (love running in tights) and it was just working. I don't know my exact mile times but they were about 7:20, 7:12, 7:04, 7:02, 6:04. As you can tell by the last mile time I had a lot left at the end. I think I could have run close to my 5 mile PR this morning, but I was happy with a 34:42.

I want to say thank you so much to those of you who leave comments about my posts, I love reading them and they help keep me going.

5 Miles
34:42
6:57 Pace

3 comments:

AZ said...

Wow, that's a fast run, especially a day after your long run. I was wondering, since you mentioned you have 7 weeks to your marathon, how long you will taper. Just wondering how many quality weeks you have left.

Jason said...

I will probably leave about 2 weeks to taper, so I am hoping for about 5 more hard weeks of training.

Marlene said...

Nice 5-miler! I feel like I'm flying once the temps drop.