Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back to Back

Yesterday and today were back to back all around bad runs. Yesterday it was raining pretty hard and I set out to run between 6 to 10 miles. After just over 4 miles I stopped. I was running slower then I have been and did not understand why it felt so hard. I did start back up again and run 4 more miles after about 8 minutes of walking but it still just felt like a bad workout. Today was no better. I set out to run just 6 miles and after about 3.5 I stopped. Again, I was running slowly and it just seemed so labored. After walking for a few minutes I ran about another 1/2 mile. The humidity when I got back was 98% so I am hoping it had something to do with the bad run. It just seems like there are days when I am in horrible shape and others when I could run forever. Perhaps the most puzzling is that I have been running far better after being on my bike for 20 to 30 miles. Tomorrow I think I am going to ride my bike to work again. I think it will be good to have a day off of running. Hopefully my next day back running will be better.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

shake off the bad runs! are you going out too hard? maybe you could just pull back and try running easy to get the mileage in and crest over this hump of bad runs? just an idea. put mind over matter and get some good runs in this weekend!

Glenn Jones said...

It happens to everyone. Keep you nose to th grindstone, get out there and do your next run.

Lindsay has the right idea. Slow down and put the miles in. Most important is getting the aeribic miles in - not the ultimate pace at which you are running these endurance miles....