Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I am so excited


Well, I just registered for a fall marathon. The Columbus marathon in Columbus, OH. I am really excited that I am healthy again and back on track to run another marathon. I am very confident that I will do far better then the last. I am trying to have very realistic expectations and will be happy with anything under 3:45. I have mapped out a new training schedule and it is much less grueling than what I was trying to do before I became injured. It also involves some cross training/cycling.

6 comments:

macnic said...

Congrats! There is always a rush signing up for a race (even for a novice like me!). Can't wait to read about your training.

Ms. V. said...

DUDE! that's the day of my FIRST marathon in SF! Congrats, we'll be training together! I've been at it since April though...great job...

Lindsay said...

congrats! always exciting to sign up for a new goal race. i'm sure with all the gained knowledge from your previous marathon and knowing more about how *your* body works will bring you success! keep working hard and remaining level-headed. don't overdo it!

I Run for Fun said...

Yay! Happy training. I am hoping to do a fall marathon too.

AZ said...

I've read some of your blog, great work. It's interesting to read and you are doing a great job in training. As a veteran of several marathons and a Boston qualifier I hope you'll allow me a bit of advice though. I think you are running your easy runs too fast. On one workout labeled "Easy" your effort level said 9/10. Way too fast! Make easy runs easy (like 9 min/mile easy) and you'll be much more recovered and ready for your hard workouts. Also might help your heel injury. Keep training, 3:30 is definitely reachable.

Amy said...

That is exciting! I heard Columbus is a good one, too. You will do great!