Thursday, July 16, 2009

To work and back


One thing I like about the bike is its practicality. Today I rode to work for the 3rd time since the purchase. It is 16.9 miles and it is pretty up and down, it takes me between 50 minutes and an hour each way. It is really the only way I can get two a day workouts in and not miss time with the family. It actually takes me about 40-45 minutes to drive home so it really does not take much longer. It is also good for the environment, and saves me the wear and tear on my car as well as the gas money. So pretty much it is a win, win.

Tomorrow I am hoping to run about 7 miles, I can't wait.

Thanks to all of you who stopped by and wrote comments. It really made my day.

6 comments:

I Run for Fun said...

That's so great you are able to ride to and from work. It does have a lot of benefits.

Lindsay said...

i used to commute to work on bike too! it was great - i miss it and can't wait until i am back home again. the hour drive now is killing me! blech. take advantage of it for me please!! :)

Marlene said...

That's a great idea! Nice wheels.

Anonymous said...

ok, i've got a question: do you shower at work or what? if i don't go into the office before 7 i don't ride because i'm soaked with sweat!

great that you're on the bike man, i love it.

carlos

Ms. V. said...

Way to get back at it!

matpedw said...

Carefull! That cycling thing can become addictive. You'll be shaving your legs before you know it.
Good to see you're back at it.