Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

I awoke this morning at 6:00 ready for a 3 hour brick. I purchased some new tri shorts and was really excited to try them out. I went down to the basement to change and heard a loud sound that sounded like thunder. I had looked at the hour by hour forecast before going to bed and it did not call for rain until the afternoon, so I just figured I was crazy. Arriving back on the ground level of our house I heard it again, this time there was no mistaking it. I went quickly to the front door, swung it open and found the beginnings of a rain storm on display. Still unwilling to except what my eyes had just seen I turned to a more reliable source, the internet. Sure enough 90% chance of rain. (perhaps about 10% low). The hour by hour showed thunder storms all day. I don't mind running in the rain, but I am not brave enough to bike in the rain yet. However, today is not just rain, there has been plenty of lightning. So my once a week opportunity to get a really long brink in has been dashed. Guess I will wait until next week.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

the bad weather always seems to show up when you are really pumped about a workout! (and then perfectly sunny when you are not-so-motivated) :)

hope you were able to get some sort of workout in anyway, and here's to a long brick next weekend!