Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feeling Great

This morning I set out to run 9 miles. The 9 mile route I ran is somewhat daunting. It is an out and back course, which means if you stop somewhere in the middle you have a very long discouraging walk back home. It also has a couple of pretty serious hills in it. Leading up to the marathon I set out to run that route a few different times and was not able to accomplish it. It was really turning into a mind game. So any time I think about that route I get a little nervous.

I felt I was up to the challenge. I started out slow and finished the first half in 37:00 (8:13 pace). It was perfectly comfortable, no pain at all. Then I decided to slowly pick up the pace, and finished the second half in 33:29 (7:26 pace). The best part was I still had a lot left at the end. I could have easily run 13 to 15 today, which does a lot for me mentally. Tomorrow I will be riding instead of running. I am trying to take it slow but feel I am already ready to better my last marathon time.

Today's Run:
9 Miles
1:10:29
7:50 pace

No comments: