Thursday, September 3, 2009

My sore throat made me run

This morning I awoke to my alarm clock, swallowed and cringed. I got up and turned the alarm off. That's right I bypassed the snooze and when strait to skipping my run. My throat hurt so bad I could barley swallow so I thought that was a good enough excuse to get another 80 minutes of sleep. Getting back into bed felt great but swallowing was so painful that I could think of nothing but my throat. Realizing I would not be going back to sleep I decided to put myself in the kind of pain that feels good...I Ran.

The run was a decently paced 4.25 miles. Then I did 3 hard hill sprints, 10 seconds each. I followed that up with 1.25 cool down. And by the way, it did make my throat feel better.

Today's Run:
5.75 Miles
Varied Pace

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

hope you are feeling better! i always go by the rule of ok to run when it's in your head, but if it's in your chest you need to rest.

Marlene said...

Nice run! It's great when it can take your mind off of something... like a sore throat! Hope you feel better.

AZ said...

I follow Lindsay's advice too, but what do you do when the cold is in your throat, between your head and chest? Probably run.

Anyway, hope it gets better.

macnic said...

Nice job. Way to get out of bed and get on with it.