Saturday, September 19, 2009

20 Mile Run, 12 Mile Canoe trip, and an Ice Bath

Today was a long and adventurous day. I started this morning with a 20 mile run. The first 14 miles or so went really well, then I got a horrible side stitch. At a little after 18 miles I actually started walking. I walked for about 6 and a half minutes and then went back to running for the last mile or so. Overall it was a pretty good run, with an average pace of 8:34. Considering I walked for almost a half mile I did not think that was too bad. After the run I took my first ice bath. It was not as hard as I thought it would be to get in and I really think it helped. After being home for about an hour after my run, my dad and I drove to a local canoe place and did a 12 mile canoe trip. I am pretty tired to say the least but it was a really good day. Tomorrow marks only 4 weeks until the marathon and I definitely still have some work to do.

20 Miles
2:51:32
Pace 8:34

3 comments:

matpedw said...

That's some good work. I'm venturng out for my 20 miler tomorrow. I will be skipping the canoe trip afterward though. You must have burned like 4000 calories today!

Lindsay said...

nice job on the 20! ice baths are usually pretty awesome. it helps if you get in the tub first and then pour the ice over you. less painful :)

Ms. V. said...

If I remember, we have the same Marathon date...the 18th for me...Nike Women's.

Good God. I have a 20 miler this weekend too~~