Monday, September 28, 2009

A Little Behind

I had my long run this weekend and I am just now getting around to writing about it. After a long week I really needed to run off some steam and decided the best time to do that would be Friday night. With the kids in bed I set out on my longest non-stop run ever at about 8:20 PM. I ran most of the time in and out of subdivisions to avoid fast moving traffic, so I really don't know how far I ran. I do know that it was the longest time I have ever gone without walking one step, 2:51:30. Which I believe was over 20 miles. After walking for a few minutes I ran about another 1/2 mile to see how it felt and it was good, I definitely could have kept going. That was my 4th straight day of running so I felt pretty good that it went that well. I will slowly start to taper now that I am 20 days away from the big day.

I have really been neglecting this blog because I have been working on another one. For anyone who reads this one I think you will find the next one to be far more compelling. I will be sharing more in the days to come and will be introducing the new blog in about a month.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

i don't know how you can run that late! i ran late sunday which turned into a really late dinner and inability to fall asleep after. nice job on the 20!

Marlene said...

Congrats on your longest continuous run!

AZ said...

Nice run. I don't think I can run that late either. I have to get it done in the morning.

Ms. V. said...

I like running in the morning, or at night...as long as it's dark. Good that you did it!

Josh said...

you are going to kick the sh*t out of the marathon this time. looking forward to the new mysterious blog!