Thursday, September 24, 2009

Late night and early morning

Tuesday night I had the opportunity to go to a concert with a good friend. We went to see the band Mute Math, who are incidentally, incredible live. I got home a little after midnight and then had to unwind, so it was around 1:00am when I finally settled into bed. Scheduled for Wednesday was my 5th straight week of hill sprints, something I knew I could not miss. The alarm was set for 6:00 and after 2 punches of the snooze button it read 6:14. I got up and stumbled out into the humid dark morning for my warmup, followed by my 6 hill sprints of about 12 sec a piece, capped off with a cool down.
Tomorrow morning I am taking the day off and actually have the opportunity to get 8 hours of sleep tonight. As for the 5 hours of sleep followed by the hard run in the thick, humid, morning air... it was worth every waking moment.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Awesome - glad you were able to get up and finish the run!