Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Solid 6 this time

I set out to run 6 today. I started pretty slow thinking I would pace around 8:00. It was very difficult to get up this morning so I just thought I would go at a pace that was comfortable. I actually thought to myself before leaving about how sometimes when I start running I wake up and do much more then I thought. This morning that seemed like a joke. Sitting in the kitchen putting my shoes on jogging 6 miles seemed like a long shot, I was just happy I got up.

About half way into the first mile I was awake and starting to realize that I was having a pretty good day. The first mile ended up being about 7:25. At that point I thought it would be really neat to run a 7:00 pace. It got really difficult around mile 3 but I pushed through it and the last 2 miles really weren't that bad. I ended up running about 6:58.

Today's Run:
6 Miles
41:42
6:58 Pace

4 comments:

AZ said...

Nice speedy run. Sounds like things are going well. Injuries must be gone.

Marlene said...

Great run! It's funny how things can change once you get out there and get going.

macnic said...

Way to go! Quite the speedy morning.

Tony said...

Nice run Jason. I bet the rest of the day was awesome just because of that run.