Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm well...but still cold

Seems that all I write about are the crazy conditions I run in. I opted not to run at the gym again because it is just not as much fun. Unfortunately, it was really cold this morning. When I got back from my run I looked at the internet and it said it was -4, and that is not the wind chill, that was the actual temperature. I knew it was really cold while I was running. For the first time ever my chest hurt from the cold air immediately after I stared running. I got used to it, but it was much more difficult to breathe than it would be in normal temperatures.
I had originally planned to run 10 miles this morning, but decided to sleep in a little and only had time for 7.3, which was okay because it was supposed to be an easy run. I don't think you can have an easy run when it is -4 degrees.
I have added some stuff to the side of the blog, check it out.

Today's Run:
7.3 miles
1:02:37
8:24 pace

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i'm going to have to agree on the -4 situation. i have a hard enough time when it is around 30*! i see you are aiming for 19 min next monday, i'm interested to see how your science experiment turns out. it definitely sounds interesting and i need all the help i can get to adjust to faster speeds. glad you're feeling better!