Sunday, February 8, 2009

Still Feeling It

Wow, my legs are still hurting. Yesterday after the long run I could hardly make it up and down the stairs in our house. My quads are just not use to that kind of pounding right now. I can't imagine what the marathon is going to do to me.

This morning called for 7 easy miles. I stared out with a 8:30 mile, right on pace to run it nice and easy. But true to form for me I was feeling good and started speeding up. I really need to work on this because I need easy runs. I also need to learn to conserve during runs.

The last 3 miles today were 7:15, 7:05, & 7:00. All of which were at or below marathon goal pace. Though I should have been running slower it was really good for me mentally. It did not feel like I was running all that fast and I could picture myself maintaining a pace like that for the entire marathon. Plus it was just pure fun. Once again it was in the 40s.

Due to the last two days being pretty hard on my legs and a scheduling conflict I will be running the Monday challenge on Tuesday this week. Tomorrow will truly be an easy run. I hope!

Today's run:
7.15 Miles
52:44
Pace 7:23

2 comments:

BeachRunner said...

Well done. You are one Speedy McSpeederton. And thanks for checking out my blog.

Lindsay said...

"my legs are hurting" + "easy 7 miles" does not = 7:15, 7:05, and 7:00 miles. sorry. :) nice job on the run!