Sunday, February 1, 2009

Warmer for now

This morning's run was much warmer then yesterday. It was actually above freezing. It felt great. Less than half of the run this morning was on snow and ice, which made it much easier than yesterday. I am guessing I ran just a little slower than my goal marathon pace which was reassuring, but I have to maintain it more than four times longer in the marathon.

Tomorrow is back to the gym for the second installment of my 5 week Monday challenge... to see how long I can run at 9 MPH on the treadmill. Last week was 12 minutes. Hopefully this week will be at least 15 minutes, an increase of 25%. I guess we will see.

How did I end up at a gym this winter? We can talk about that tomorrow.

Today's Run:
5.75 Miles
7:20 pace (approximately)
Also some strides and drills

3 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

Damn you're fast!!!

Michael said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog (onlysomeonerunning.blogspot.com)! I'm planning on posting more frequently now that my running hiatus as ended.

Good luck with reaching your goals!

Lindsay said...

thanks for stopping by my blog (too)! nice job on the run yesterday and i hope you didn't get thrown off the tm today :) i look forward to hearing more about your journey to a marathon - you are going to kill it with your speed!