Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When It's No Fun

After 4 straight sluggish days, I set out for the fifth straight day. There are days where it just doesn't seem to be working. Runs that should be easy are amazingly difficult. Every step is a struggle and it's just no fun. Today was not one of those days. The nice thing about those sluggish days is that it really makes you appreciate the good days like today. Today I felt lighter, faster, and stronger. I ran 6 miles ending it with a nice fun 6:26 mile.

Tonight after putting my daughter to bed, I decided to get in another fun run. I have not run a timed mile in a long time and just wanted to see what I had in me. I set out to break 5:37 and came back with 5:27. I've been chasing the infamous sub 5 minute mile for a long time and guess I will have to keep chasing. Sub 5 minute mile, if you are listening, I'm coming and there's no place you can hide.

Todays runs:
6 miles
44:16
pace 7:22

1 mile
5:27

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

we all have those junky sluggish days every now and then and they can really drag you down. glad you had a good one thrown in the mix; topped off with a nice (unplanned) mile 'time trial'. sounds good to me to log a 5:27 with no real speed training/specific mile training! keep stretching and icing, and glad the hip is ok for the most part.