Friday, May 15, 2009

30 MPH

Probably my least favorite thing to run in is strong wind. I would rather run when it is -5 degrees then when it is really windy. You just can't seem to get into a rhythm when it is windy. It is like you are doing interval work the entire time. Yesterday morning I ran in wind gust up to 30 mph. It was perhaps the strongest winds I have ever run in. It was also poring down rain so that made it pretty interesting. I ran for about 4.5 miles non stop and then ran 2 minutes on and 1 minute off until my entire workout was 1 hour. I think I covered a little over 7 miles and ran about 6.25. Overall considering the conditions I was pretty happy with the workout. Today was another scheduled day off, my last day of recovery from the marathon. Tomorrow is a short long run, probably around 10 miles. Unless I am feeling really good.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

I hear you on the wind! I find the worst part is that you're freezing cold when it's gusting, then boiling hot when it calms down. Sounds like you got a great workout, anyway.

Lindsay said...

oh lovely! i probably would've made it an easy day and switched it for the next run. :) at least you toughed it out and managed a strong workout.