Monday, May 18, 2009

At Last

The easy run made a return to my training this morning. The last truly easy day I had was Friday the 1st, two and a half weeks ago. That run was 7.3 miles at a 8:15 pace. Today’s run was even easier then that and longer. Perhaps the most exciting part was the pace; 7:46. I started out easy and kept it that way even though I felt like I could easily speed up. The last ½ mile was a breeze. I just could not help wonder where today was a couple of weeks ago during the marathon. I was already starting to hurt at that point in the marathon and I was running about 20 seconds a mile slower. I think it has a lot to do with the consistency I have had over the last week and a half.
It was a lot of fun to have an easy run, no pain, just a little over an hour of running enjoyment.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

sounds like a great run. hope you continue to have nice easy runs, even if the pace does slow down a bit i'm sure it'll creep right back up there. 7:46 just does not sound like a cruise to me! :)

Marlene said...

You've had some great runs lately. Keep it up!

Ms. V. said...

keep it up!