Saturday, May 16, 2009

The usual

Well, just like usual I went out too fast. I looked down at my watch at 4.5 miles hoping to see 8 min pace or slower, which would have been 36:00, instead it read 34:50. So I could not help but speed up a little more. I ended up stopping at 7 miles with an average pace of 7:35. I then ran a 1.5 mile cool down. I guess since I can't seem to slow it down I just need to get into better shape so I can maintain that pace. The wind was down today but I did get to run in some poring rain, which was fun.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

That quick pace is obviously comfortable for you - in time, I'm sure your endurance will allow you to maintain it over longer distances.

matpedw said...

I used to do that. My cycling coach told me to only breath through my nose when I ran. It worked! I was able to run sustained miles easier. Slower though, much slower.

Lindsay said...

i wish i had that problem! :) i am seeing a little pace improvement on (some of) my easy runs but not quite sub-8:00's yet.